Truecaller was created to give people more information and control on who they communicate with, and our mission is to make their communication safe and efficient. We have a fundamental belief that it is a person’s right to know who is getting in touch with them. We are solving a complex problem of spam calls and who is calling you, and organizations and governments around the world are also identifying this as a huge problem.
We have always taken transparency very seriously and consider trust to be an essential part of our business and the service we provide. With the service being permission based, Truecaller stands for transparency and letting the user be in control of what they share and what the app can access.
Here are a few things we’d like to highlight for Truecaller users in the European Union, European Economic Area & Switzerland:
Frequently Asked Questions
Truecaller has had a large multi-disciplinary team working to ensure that we are fully compliant with GDPR as of May 25, 2018. We have made significant investments in this project with a view to ensuring our users are able to exercise the rights granted to them under the GDPR.
For instance, we have:
- Re-built the Truecaller app for EU, EEA and Swiss users (EU), which includes additional access and control features in the Privacy Center that allows users right to access data, rectify, erase, restrict processing, and provide portability of data.
- Rolled out an updated user on boarding process to give existing and new users more control over ads they see and more transparency about the data shared with advertisers.
- We do not store or share any personal data of contacts from the phonebooks of our users in the EU and do not provide reverse number look up of contacts in users’ phonebook.
By going to Settings -> Privacy Center -> Manage My Data, you can view and download the data Truecaller has for you.
- Providing, improving, analyzing and personalizing our services.
- Complying with laws and protecting the rights or safety of Truecaller and its users.
- Creating reports using aggregated and anonymized data for statistical and analytical purposes.
- To provide relevant ads and special offers and promotions, if our users have consented to such use.
By going to the app’s Settings -> Privacy Center -> Manage My Data you can rectify the profile data that Truecaller has on you or if you believe that any other data may be incorrect by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s very easy. By going to the app’s Settings -> Privacy Center -> Deactivate Account you will no longer be searchable in Truecaller and your data will be deleted. Please note that once you have deactivated your account you will no longer be able to use the app.